Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok commits on Food Waste Program
Erawan Rajdamri affirms its commitment to more responsible business by embracing the PLEDGE on Food Waste Certification.
Following consideration of the importance of environmental sustainability and concerned with its “Food Print”, Erawan Rajdamri is committed to creating a food waste conscious environment within its food operations. Thus, MoMo Café will partake in the PLEDGE on Food Waste certification.
Following the onsite implementation of the Food Waste Prevention Initiative, Erawan Rajdamri has acknowledged its food waste generating issues within its own operations. These are:
1. A lack of awareness regarding food waste among employee
2. A large amount of food left over from buffet at MOMO Café
3. Food dishes always full till buffet ending time.
4. A Spoilage waste, especially at MOMO Café
5. Guest awareness regarding plate wastage
We commit to designing an action plan and implementing change to address the above issues.
Erawan Rajdamri genuinely commits to preventing food waste by complying with the following 9 points:
1. The Cut on Food Waste Policy is drafted, signed by top executives, distributed to stakeholders, and is displayed on site
2. A permanent Food Waste Monitoring System is instated
3. Basic KPIs are used to track the impact of the programme
4. Best practices are implemented at critical food waste generating points
5. The Food Lovers’ Committee holds regular meetings to establish new approaches aimed to reduce food waste
6. Employees undergo regular training regarding how to creatively cut food waste
7. Internal and external communication is used to keep momentum high
8. Staff awareness raising campaigns are run regularly